The apparitions of Mary to Juan Diego at Guadalupe, Mexico, is one of the most endearing, but powerful anecdotes that demonstrate God's tangible love for us. Today is the feast day of Our Lady at Guadalupe. To celebrate, I have highlighted two noteworthy recordings:
Mark Mallett created an exceptional listening experience, a rosary album based on the events at Guadalupe. It is called Through her Eyes: A Journey to Jesus. The album is groundbreaking, refreshing, contemporary and traditional, spoken word and musical. It contains:
- All four Mysteries, including the new Luminous Mysteries
- Scriptural meditations with deeply moving, original music scores beneath each decade that help you to profoundly experience the life, passion and resurrection of our Lord (Hail Mary's spoken by Fr. Ray Guimond and Mark Mallett)
- Contemporary & energizing versions of the "Apostle's Creed", "Our Father", "Glory Be's" and "Hail Holy Queen" all written & produced by Mark Mallett
- Four original songs Mark has written to honor Mary (including the concert favourite "Family Beads")
- Dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of all America, it has Mary's words to St. Juan Diego at the end of each Mystery (spoken by Christine Foisy-Erickson of MiCasa Ministries)
- 154 minutes in length--more than 3 times the length of a regular album!
Also worth noting: Annie Karto, has performed "Song to Our Lady of Guadalupe", which uses the familiar melody from "Pescadore De Hombres/Lord, You Have Come to the Seashore." It is off her album, "Overshadow Me."
Song to Our Lady of Guadalupe
You are the fountain of my life
Under your shadow, and in your protection,
I fear no evil, no pain, no worry...
Maria, oh most merciful Mother
Gentle Virgin, with the name, Guadalupe
On a mountain, we find roses in winter,
All the world, has been touched by your love.
Here, in the crossing of your arms
Could there be anything, else that I need?
Nothing discourages, nothing depress me.
You, are the Star of the Ocean
My boat is small, and the waves are so high
But with you to guide me, I'll reach my homeland.
You, are the Dawn of a New Day
For you give birth to the Son of the Father
All of my lifetime, I'll walk beside you...
Copyright (c) 1979 OCP Publications